· ASTM D 4157 - AHFA JIFS & G Test Method for Abrasion Resistance of Textile Fabrics
Scope: Covers the determination of the abrasion resistance of woven textile fabrics using the Oscillatory Cylinder Tester. *May not be usable for some fabric constructions
- Sample is conditioned and run in atmospheric conditions for textiles
- Wire screen abradant of stainless steel; using a tension of 4lbs and a compression force of 3lb
- At least 2 specimens in the warp and 2 specimens in the fill direction are tested and placed upon a foam substrate for testing.
- The test is run for either 15,000 cycles or until a rating of category 1 (very obvious wear) is reached. - (one cycle is equivalent to one double rub)
For more information on Upholstery Textile testing, contact Shane Lynch at 828-327-7000 ext 4146