BIFMA X5.1-2017 Tests
Section 11 – Stability Test
Part A – Rear Stability
- Only applies to chairs with a backrest height of 8” and up
- Chair is set onto test platform with 0.5” restraining device behind back legs
- A series of disks weighing 22 lbs. ea. is loaded into the chair
- A force is applied to the top disk, based upon the seat height of the loaded chair
Part B – Front Stability
- Chair is set onto test platform with 0.5” restraining device in front of front legs.
- A vertical load of 135 lbs. is applied with front stability loading fixture.
- A horizontal force of 4.5 lbs. is applied at the same level as the top of the seat.
If there is a test you require that is not listed, please call our Product Development Specialists: Seth Setzer at 828.327.7000 x 4449 or e-mail: Seth Setzer or Cody Whitener at 828.327.7000 x 4490 or email: Cody Whitener