Abrasion Testing for Upholstery Textiles
·ASTM D 4157, Test Method for Abrasion Resistance of Textile Fabrics
Oscillatory Cylinder Method; Wyzenbeek Abrasion Tester
Scope: Covers the determination of the abrasion resistance of woven textile fabrics using the Oscillatory Cylinder Tester. *May not be usable for some fabric constructions.
- Specimens are conditioned and run in atmospheric conditions for textiles
- Abradant is chosen for the given application:
- #10 Cotton Duck
- Steel Screen
The customer selects one of the following three options for sample evaluation:
- Abrasion to Rupture
- Percentage Loss in Breaking Load
- Evaluation for Visual Changes
- Option 1 - 2 or more woven yarns break
- Option 2 - Change in shade or appearance that is sufficient to cause a customer to complain.
For more information on Upholstery Textile testing, contact Shane Lynch at 828-327-7000 ext 4146