Legwear Development for Entrepreneurs
Step 1: Checklist for Entrepreneurs:
You must have a plan or performa in place before a manufacturer will be willing to work with you.
- Have you studied the size and market potential of you product?
- Is your product unique?
- Do you have capital or financing in place to fund your product?
- Do you have a marketing plan? (It must be more than through local outlets or your friend’s opinions.)
- Have you established a marketing budget?
- Do you have a distribution plan?
If you answered "YES" to all of the questions above then CONTINUE TO STEP #2
If you answered "NO" to any of the the questions; then listed below are some potential resources if you need help on any of the above questions.
- Community Colleges
- Small Business Centers
STEP 2: Submit Hosiery Application
Step 2A: After you submit the application, a member of the Manufacturing Solutions' Hosiery staff will reach out to you for your FREE 15 minutes consultation (If we are unable to connect, YOU are responsible to return the call).
On a case by case basis, the class below may be beneficial.
This two-day opportunity will educate you about the product that you wish to build your business around. The Legwear Development course covers:
- The basics of hosiery knitting, dyeing, finishing, and testing quality of the manufacturing process
- Tour our facilities to view first hand knitting, finishing and testing equipment
- Discuss the necessary steps to increase your chances of success in the hosiery industry
- Business development resources to help make sure that you cover your bases as you build your business plan
- Packaging for your product will also be discussed
You will have access to one on one counseling from our staff with over a combined 150 years of manufacturing experience. Lastly, if your company is ready for a manufacturer we will discuss sourcing your product with you.
We want your company to be successful and prepare you to articulate to a manufacturer exactly what you want.
The cost of Legwear Development is $800 for two days per company with a maximum of 2 participants per company and will be limited to 3 companies. Arrangements can made for exceptions by contacting us.
The event will be held at our location at the Manufacturing Solutions Center, 301 Conover Station SE, Conover, NC 28613.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport is the nearest airport. Car rental is across from the baggage claim area. If you prefer, you can use Hickory Hop shuttle in combination with local cab service. Here's a link to local hotels. To get our discounted rates, you must identify yourself with the Manufacturing Solutions Center (MSC)/CVCC.
Have questions? Contact Shauna Castillo at 828-327-7000 ext 4124 or send her an email at email@example.com
Legwear Development Schedule:
|Legwear Dev. Class||Tuesday, Sept. 25 - Wednesday, Sept. 26||9:00 - 5:00 pm||$800|
|Legwear Dev. Class||Tuesday, December 4 - Wednesday, December 5||9:00 - 5:00 pm||$800|