· ASTM D 1059 & 2260 - Yarn, Denier & Filament
· ASTM D 3661 (modified) - Staple Length
· ASTM D 3887 - Needle/Course Count/ Spinning Type
· ASTM D 1423 &2260 - Twist in Yarns
· AATCC/ASTM Test Method-002 - Fabric Construction
Test Method(s) - Yarn Package Only:
· ASTM D 2256 - Statimat
· ASTM D 1907/1578 - Yarn Number/Brush by Skein Method
· ASTM D 3108 - Friction
· ASTM D 2259-02 - Shrinkage of Yarns in Skein
· ASTM D 1425-81 (modified) - Unevenness Tester
Scope: To determine the yarn number and filament count of all types of yarns
Click on this link Yarn Calculator, for converting different yarn numbering systems
Scope: To determine the population of staple length of fiber.
Scope: To determine number of wales loops per unit distance and course loops per unit distance.
Scope: To Determine the amount and direction of twist/TM in single or plied yarns.
Scope: To determine type of spinning used to produce yarn.
Scope: Determines components of fabric/garment.
Scope: Determines breaking load and elongation of monofilament, multifilament and spun yarns.
Scope: Determines yarn numbers and strength in all type of yarns in package form
Scope: Determines measurement of kinetic frictional properties of a moving yarn in contact with a solid material.
Scope: This method covers the determination of shrinkage of yarns in skein form when immersed in boiling water or exposed to dry heat for specific time periods.
Scope: Records indirect measurement of unevenness of textile strands by means of continuous runs on DS-65.